Puppets in Education teaches children how to keep themselves safe and healthy and to appreciate each other’s differences. We do this through educational programs for children and adults that utilize life-sized puppets who model effective leadership and problem-solving skills and demonstrate respect, compassion and inclusion in a diverse community.
To be responsive and pro-active to the changing needs of our growing community, Puppets in Education will:
- Be regarded as a model of excellence in providing educational services to a broad, diverse community of children, parents and educators;
- Grow our organization, audience and funding sources in a responsible manner;
- Provide our services in Vermont and regionally; when circumstances warrant, we will collaborate with like-minded organization and individuals without regard to geography; and
- Be at the forefront of issues facing children today and in the future and create educational programs to help children reach their full potential.
- We believe that education is a basic human right and that all children should be valued.
- We believe in creating supportive environments that aid children in meeting their need to feel safe and secure; that demonstrate that they are valued and belong; and teaches them how to understand and empathize with others.
- We believe that puppetry is a dynamic and creative art form that is effective in delivering non-threatening and age appropriate health, safety, and social messages to children.
- We believe adults have a responsibility to assure the health and safety of children and that children can learn life skills to help keep themselves safe and to advocate for themselves and others.
- We believe that community involvement in governance is vital to the development, operation and uniqueness of our organization.
- We believe that our staff is our most valuable asset: therefore an environment that fosters the well-being, development, and excellence of staff is essential to our mission.
- We believe that we have a responsibility to our stakeholders to be careful stewards of our resources.